19.6.2019 – Jouni Virtanen enters WRC Rally Finland with JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta WRC
Legendary Gravel Grand Prix, 69th edition of WRC Rally Finland is to be driven in iconic rollercoaster stages of Jyväskylä at first week of August 2019. JanPro Racing enters the event with its’ Finnish gentlemen driver Jouni Virtanen who with his co-driver Risto Pietiläinen aims for a full rally enjoyment with modern World Rally Car.
Season 2019 edition of Rally Finland includes 23 special stages and 307,58 special stage kilometres. For Jouni Virtanen, the fastest WRC-event of the season, is 11th Rally Finland in a row as a competitor. In previous two years he’s been competing in WRC2-category as he nows enters the stages just after Worlds’ top Rally Drivers. Virtanen enters behind the steering wheel of JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta WRC with help of British M-Sport.
– In season 2018 I drove with M-Sport Ford Fiesta R5 in Rally Finland and now as I requested a World Rally Car for the rally they advised me to talk with their co-operation partner and Finnish Rally Team JanPro Racing. Then I called to Team Manager Janne Tuohino and our co-operation begin immediately. After that call I’ve been a bit frightened as I cannot wait for the two test days and the rally to begin. Even there are still six weeks to go, I’m very thrilled about the idea to compete with modern World Rally Car in the most exiting WRC-event of the season, Virtanen tells.
– JanPro makes a close co-operation with M-Sport and therefore we have all their know-how in our use. Furthermore as I’ll be co-driven with Risto Pietiläinen, who owns experience from over 250 events, I feel very priviledged to be competing with JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta WRC. Even our goals for the rally is simple to enjoy the driving and flying in many-many-many jumps, we’ll be very serious when the rally gets underway. It’ll truly be a big adventure for us, Virtanen continues.
Janne Tuohino, who is a Team Manager for JanPro Racing, welcomes Jouni Virtanen as a JanPro Racing private entry driver for WRC Rally Finland. In February at WRC Rally Sweden Tuohino accomplished first-ever World Rally Championship point for JanPro Racing (10th position in overall classifications). After the event Tuohino took the role of JanPro Racing Team Manager.
In April JanPro Racing visited in Czech where a local driver Tomáš Kostka competed in a event of Vančík Rallysprint Kopná. However due the tyre and rim failure in first stage Tomas decided to retire the rally. Therefore Rally Finland, which is also known as Gravel Grand Prix is second entry for Finnish private team for the World Rally Championship series.
– During the winter and spring we’ve been discussing with many drivers to compete in regional rallyes as well as in World Rally Championship series events. When Jouni called, we rapidly and smoothly got things agreed and now he gets the honour to be JanPro Racing first-ever driver in WRC Rally Finland, Tuohino tells.
Click and view images from Vančík Rallysprint Kopná
19th February 2019 – First-ever World Rally Championship point for new JanPro Racing – Janne Tuohino & Mikko Markkula P10 in Rally Sweden 2019
Finnish rally driver Janne Tuohino made a trouble-free and steady one-rally comeback to World Rally Championship series with JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car as he and co-driver Mikko Markkula increased their speed during the intense three days of traditional Swedish Rally which was driven in very difficult ”winter rally” conditions.
Finns entered the event by just two weeks of short preparation time which included two days pre-rally test day covering approximately 130 competitive kilometers. After setting their goals to TOP-10 in overall classifications, Tuohino and Markkula made a uprising special stage times throughout the 19 fast-paced special stages and 316,80 tricky special stage kilometres.
Tuohino, who previously had, 13 years ago, competed with a World Rally Car, was happy for his performance in a rally which reminded more gravel than a snow rally. Exactly 20 years ago Tuohino drove his first-ever event with a World Rally Car and now he collect one World Rally Championship point after avoiding all drama the thrilling rally gave for fellow competitors. It was also first-ever Championship point for new JanPro Racing which was put together in just three weeks time before its’ first World Rally Championship event.
– After first tricky rally day we noticed that our preparation wasn’t enough as our pace was a bit dissapointment. However after setup changes our pace improved and we managed to climb up in overall classifications to positions we had set for ourselves befofe the event, Tuohino tells.
– Eventually me and JanPro Racing fullfilled all our goals we both had set for the rally as I’m happy for TOP-10 position in overall results and JanPro Racing got the vicibility we hoped for to market the Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car which is available for customers to rallyes, Worldwide. Ford Fiesta RS WRC is the best-ever rally car I have driven in my 23 years of rally career as the performance of the car is complitely amazing. Now as there’s modern and competitive WRC car available, I strongly recommandate to try it, Tuohino continues.
2019 edition of WRC Rally Sweden was won by estonian Ott Tänak and his co-driver Martin Järveoja. After colorful events another Flying Finn Esapekka Lappi and co-driver Janne Ferm collect second position as they were three seconds faster than Thierry Neuville and his co-driver Nicolas Gilsoul, who took the third podium position.
JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta RS WRC is available for rent in rallyes around the World. Contact us for more information!
Final Results Rally Sweden 2019:
1. Ott Tänak & Martin Järveoja, Toyota Yaris WRC, 2:47:30.0
2. Esapekka Lappi & Janne Ferm, Citroën C3 WRC, +53.7sec
3. Thierry Neuville & Nicolas Gilsoul, Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC, +56.7sec
10. Janne Tuohino & Mikko Markkula, Ford Fiesta WRC, +8:21.4sec
Please view gallery for pictures and videos from the event!