19.2.2019 – First-ever World Rally Championship point for new JanPro Racing – Janne Tuohino & Mikko Markkula P10 in Rally Sweden 2019
Finnish rally driver Janne Tuohino made a trouble-free and steady one-rally comeback to World Rally Championship series with JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car as he and co-driver Mikko Markkula increased their speed during the intense three days of traditional Swedish Rally which was driven in very difficult ”winter rally” conditions.
Finns entered the event by just two weeks of short preparation time which included two days pre-rally test day covering approximately 130 competitive kilometers. After setting their goals to TOP-10 in overall classifications, Tuohino and Markkula made a uprising special stage times throughout the 19 fast-paced special stages and 316,80 tricky special stage kilometres.
Tuohino, who previously had, 13 years ago, competed with a World Rally Car, was happy for his performance in a rally which reminded more gravel than a snow rally. Exactly 20 years ago Tuohino drove his first-ever event with a World Rally Car and now he collect one World Rally Championship point after avoiding all drama the thrilling rally gave for fellow competitors. It was also first-ever Championship point for new JanPro Racing which was put together in just three weeks time before its’ first World Rally Championship event.
– After first tricky rally day we noticed that our preparation wasn’t enough as our pace was a bit dissapointment. However after setup changes our pace improved and we managed to climb up in overall classifications to positions we had set for ourselves befofe the event, Tuohino tells.
– Eventually me and JanPro Racing fullfilled all our goals we both had set for the rally as I’m happy for TOP-10 position in overall results and JanPro Racing got the vicibility we hoped for to market the Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car which is available for customers to rallyes, Worldwide. Ford Fiesta RS WRC is the best-ever rally car I have driven in my 23 years of rally career as the performance of the car is complitely amazing. Now as there’s modern and competitive WRC car available, I strongly recommandate to try it, Tuohino continues.
2019 edition of WRC Rally Sweden was won by estonian Ott Tänak and his co-driver Martin Järveoja. After colorful events another Flying Finn Esapekka Lappi and co-driver Janne Ferm collect second position as they were three seconds faster than Thierry Neuville and his co-driver Nicolas Gilsoul, who took the third podium position.
JanPro Racing Ford Fiesta RS WRC is available for rent in rallyes around the World. Contact us for more information!
Final Results Rally Sweden 2019:
1. Ott Tänak & Martin Järveoja, Toyota Yaris WRC, 2:47:30.0
2. Esapekka Lappi & Janne Ferm, Citroën C3 WRC, +53.7sec
3. Thierry Neuville & Nicolas Gilsoul, Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC, +56.7sec
10. Janne Tuohino & Mikko Markkula, Ford Fiesta WRC, +8:21.4sec
Please view gallery for pictures and videos from the event!